Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nick Griffin, shooting guard from Magruder High School holds several offers

Class of 2013 Recruiting calss warming up.... Nick Griffin,6'2'' Guard from Rockville,MD (Magruder HS) holds offers from.......Holy Cross, George Washington, American, Bucknell, and Mt.St.Mary's. Here is an article on Nick Griffin...


Class of 2013 shooting guard Nick Griffin‘s recruitment is starting to heat up after he took a visit to George Washington last week with several more lined up.
The 6’1, 168-pound Maryland native holds offers from Holy Cross, George Washington, American, Bucknell and Mount Saint Mary’s and looks to visit William & Mary, Pennsylvania, American and Holy Cross in the near future.
Griffin will likely take a trip to William & Mary April 27, the morning of the second session of the EYBL in Virginia that his Team Takeover (DC) squad is participating in. He’s also in talks with American and Pennsylvania but hasn’t worked out a specific date for a visit yet.
With all of these schools coming after him, it’s important that Griffin knows what he’s looking for in a school, and he seems to know exactly that.
“[I want a] place where I can be an impact player and play,” Griffin told NRS. “Also, the coaching staff and playing style [is important to me] and I want a good education, where I’ll be able to finish with a good degree.”
He also knows what he wants in terms of playing style.
“I want to get up and down the court at a fast pace,” Griffin said. “Also, a system where they shoot a lot of threes and have plays for shooters.”
Because he knows what he wants, he’s able to identify a few schools who are sticking out to him right now.
“In no particular order, my top three out of [the schools] who have offered me are George Washington, Bucknell and American,” Griffin added. “All three have a great [coaching] staff, are good academics schools and their style of play is similar in getting up and down the floor and shooting a lot of threes. AU and GW are close, so family and friends would be able to see me play. I also enjoyed the visits at GW and Bucknell.”
Photo Credit: The Sentinel.
George Washington, Bucknell and American are also among the schools recruiting him the hardest in addition to William & Mary. VCU used to be in contact with him too but after former assistant coach Jamion Christian became the head coach at Mount Saint Mary’s, VCU’s interest dropped off and Mount Satin Mary’s picked up.Griffin also mentions George Washington when asked which coaching staff is his favorite, although he says they aren’t his “favorite”.
“I like the GW staff since I’ve met all of them and seen each one at multiple games this year,” Griffin said. “I have no favorites yet though, I would say.”
Griffin is also being recruited by one of George Washington’s players, too.
“I know [class of 2012 point guard] Joe McDonald from Landon [High School],” Griffin said. “I’ve talked to him a few times and chatted about the pros he thinks of George Washington.
“He said they’ll not only get me better as a player but help me to be a better person as well. Also, he talked about how the Atlantic 10 is a great conference to play in. [He said] it’s a great academic school, the coaching staff is amazing and the program will be on the rise with the new recruiting class coming in.”
George Washington will be among the schools watching him at one of his summer tournaments too at the end of April.
“GW, UPenn, W&M, Bucknell and Holy Cross all have told me that they’ll be at the EYBL sessions at the end of the month,” Griffin added.
The Magruder High School (Maryland) product looks to make a decision by the fall signing period.

No comments:

Post a Comment